In this featured video, GCN (Global Cycling Network) is going to find out what it’s like to attempt the uphill hour challenge.
Here’s what GCN has to say about attempting the uphill hour challenge
Everesting is really hard work, and it takes up a lot of time. The Hour Record is incredibly expensive and therefore not inclusive for the average road cyclist.
However, riding a bike uphill can be miserable for everyone, and can be the ultimate test for cylcling.
Otherwise known as VAM, this value is an important metric that pro cyclists can use to measure their effort.
A few years ago Emma Pooley set a world record for the most meters climbed in an hour, but we decided to twist the rules a little, and we’d love to see you join in and see what you can do.
Watch the video for complete details
Thank you for watching this featured video by GCN, and if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please leave a comment in the section below.
Also, don’t forget to check out GCN’s website for the latest videos and gear at globalcyclingnetwork.com
Who is GCN?
The Global Cycling Network (GCN) is the largest and fastest-growing online cycling channel in the world, bringing together a global community of road cyclists to celebrate everything that’s great about the world of cycling.
GCN’s videos bring fans compelling daily content including expert tutorials, techniques, training, racing, cutting-edge bike tech, unparalleled behind the scenes event coverage, humor, entertainment, and more.
Other featured videos by GCN we think you’d like:
- Cheap Bike Races Super Bike And Wins
- Don’t Wear This While Cycling In Winter
- Cycling Nutrition Myths By Global Cycling Network
- 9 Bikes That Changed The World
- Do Cyclists Need To Go To The Gym?
- 5 Cycling Rules That All Cyclists Should Obey
- 8 Tips To Conquer Cobbled Climbs By GCN
- Just Started Road Cycling? Stuff You Should know!
- How To Ride In A City | Bike Riding Tips
- How To Ride Without Getting Tired
- How To Plan A Great Cycling Route
- 6 Hacks To Make Commuting by Bike Work
- Can You Learn To Unicycle In A Day?