Today, we welcome back BikeBlogger, who’s going to be telling us how to cut a bike fork and install crown race, in this featured video.
Here’s what BikeBlogger has to say in this video about how to cut a bike fork and install crown race
How to cut a bike fork and install a crown race? Watch and learn!
I got a new bicycle fork, so I need to cut it down to my size, and install a headset crown race.
Fork: Carbon fiber fork with tapered steerer tube (1-1/8” upper and 1-1/2” lower)
Crown Race: Headset manufacturer’s item (IS52/40 for my lower headset bearing)
- Bench vide
- Park Tool cutting guide
- PVC pipe (1-1/2” for 1-1/2” headset lower bearing)
- Rubber mallet
Optional: Paint cans LOL (be careful)
Tip: My crown race has a 40mm inner diameter. The PVC Schedule 40 pipe has a 1.59” inner diameter (40.4mm), so it just fits over the crown race.
Watch the video for complete details
Thank you for watching
We would like to thank you for joining us, by watching this featured video, and reading this post. Let us know if you enjoyed this video in the comments section below.
Check out these other great featured videos by Bikeblogger
- BIKE GOLF And Bike Lanes Explained by BikeBlogger
- Essential Cycling Gear Tips by BikeBlogger
- Bike Wheels Tip Of The Day by BikeBlogger
- Top 5 Ice Road Hazards For Cyclists
- Winter Bike Tire Commuting Tips By BikeBlogger
- Broken Helmet Or Cracked Skull
- An Army Of Bugs Attack BikeBlogger During Commuting
- Bike Mods For Bike Commuting by BikeBlogger
- Bike Inside Car Commuting by BikeBlogger
- Teleworking, Does It Work? Working From Home!
- 5 Tips For Bicycle Commuting – Sun Glare
- ICE SOCKS For Hot Summer Cycling!
- Bike Commuting Long Distances? How To Do It!
- Alley Cat Or Street Dog? Bike Commuting Shortcuts!
- Bike Storage! Bike Garage, Bike Shed, Bike Room?
- Bike Commuting In The Morning By BikeBlogger
- Bicycle Fender Noise: How To Prevent!
- Heat Index 105? NOPE, Early Morning Clip Show!
- Why I Ride My Bike On The Sidewalk
- What I Wear On A Bike Commute
- Platform Pedals And Shoe Damage Bike Commuting
- Backup Bike? My Bike Commute Home
How to find and contact BikeBlogger
To find and contact this cool, bicycle commuter called Bikeblogger, check out BikeBlogger.com. It’s here, where you’ll find out the latest about his bike commutes, the current bicycles he’s using for his commutes, and of course the latest gear that he recommends.