In this featured video, GCN (Global Cycling Network) is going to answer the question, does tire width affect braking distance?
Here’s what GCN has to say about, does tire width affect braking distance?
How much does tire width affect braking distance on a road bike? One of the biggest advantages to wider tires that has made the cycling world adopt then, are lower rolling resistances.
But does that mean they negatively affect braking distances? To find out Jeremy loaded a bunch of spare tires, some brake pads and rode up and down the steep hill to see if a narrower tire stops faster than a wider one.
Watch the video for complete details
Thank you for watching this featured video by GCN, and if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please leave a comment in the section below.
Also, don’t forget to check out GCN’s website for the latest videos and gear at globalcyclingnetwork.com
Who is GCN?
The Global Cycling Network (GCN) is the largest and fastest-growing online cycling channel in the world, bringing together a global community of road cyclists to celebrate everything that’s great about the world of cycling.
GCN’s videos bring fans compelling daily content including expert tutorials, techniques, training, racing, cutting-edge bike tech, unparalleled behind the scenes event coverage, humor, entertainment, and more.
Other featured videos by GCN we think you’d like:
- Cheap Bike Races Super Bike And Wins
- Don’t Wear This While Cycling In Winter
- Cycling Nutrition Myths By Global Cycling Network
- 9 Bikes That Changed The World
- Do Cyclists Need To Go To The Gym?
- 5 Cycling Rules That All Cyclists Should Obey
- 8 Tips To Conquer Cobbled Climbs By GCN
- Just Started Road Cycling? Stuff You Should know!
- How To Ride In A City | Bike Riding Tips
- How To Ride Without Getting Tired
- How To Plan A Great Cycling Route
- 6 Hacks To Make Commuting by Bike Work
- Can You Learn To Unicycle In A Day?
- Uphill Hour Challenge – What Can You Do?
- How To Plan A Bikepacking Adventure
- How To Avoid Sore Shoulders While Cycling
- Adapt Your Road Bike For A Cycling Adventure
- Building A Budget Single Speed Bike: Part 3
- How To Change Your Handlebars by GCN
- How To Avoid Getting Dropped On Bike Rides
- Top 10 Ways To Know You’re A Cyclist
- Recumbent Bike Vs Killer Climb – Will It Climb?
- Top 9 Ways To Ruin Your Fitness
- 10 Ways To Build Your Cycling Confidence