During summer, some of the best cycling routes in Japan are towards the ocean, so that is where we are cycling today! August in Japan is the hottest time of the year, and what better time to do my longest bike ride of the year?
Today we are cycling from Nagoya down to Chita Peninsula for a total of 100 miles century ride (160km).
This is my first century ride of the year, and I also did it on one of the hottest days of the year. About 100 degrees F with high humidity in the crazy Japanese summer heat.
Watch part 1 of this video series here, which includes more Oceanside views and Japanese beaches.
This video is part 2, which covers the second half of our ride, from the bottom of Minami Chita back up to Nagoya.
For this route, we will be cycling through the center of the peninsula, which goes through some large rolling hills, Japanese farms, and beautiful Japanese countryside back roads.
Which do you prefer? The flat route with ocean side views on the way down, or the rolling hills and green fields on the way back?
Watch the video for complete details
Timestamps for today’s ride:
- Intro – 0:00
- Start ride – 02:09
- Japanese conbini break – 03:25
- New summer arm covers – 05:43
- Enter rolling hills section – 06:46
- Secret back road farm area – 10:15
- Highway overpass – 12:15
- Solar panel descent – 13:12
- Conbini break #2 Houji tea frappe – 15:20
- Back on the road – 18:15
- Storm is coming – 18:55
- Nice views on the way back home – 20:35
- End of ride closing thoughts – 21:50
Thank you to our supporters who help make these videos possible.
Thank you for watching this featured video, and if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please leave a comment in the section below.
Check out these other great featured videos by Two Wheel Cruise
- E Bike Test Ride With Two Wheel Cruise
- How To Lock Your Bike – The Right Way!
- Japanese Bike Shop Tour – Kaze Fun Bikes
- She’s Hungry For Ice Cream – Cycling In Japan
- Tannus Airless Tires Review (Month 3 Update)
- Best Camera For Cycling Videos?
- Japanese Bike Shop Tour – Trek Bicycle Store
- 2021 Trek Emonda SLR First Ride Review
- Bike & Hike in Japan – Hot Summer Ride
- Longest Ride Of The Year In Japan’s Summer Heat
How to find and contact Two Wheel Cruise
Two Wheel Cruise and his wife live in Japan. They are a very cool couple that likes to commute on their multiple bikes in Japan, while making amazing videos. Their videos consist of the area they live in, the bikes they ride, and product reviews.
To find and contact this cool commuting couple, called Two Wheel Cruise, check out Twowheelcruise.com. It’s here, where you’ll find out the latest about their bike commutes, the current bicycles they’re using to commute on, and of course the latest gear that they recommend.