2020 Japan Cycling Trip Day 3: The best way to explore Japan is by bicycle. The Shimanami Kaido is a cycling path going over 6 islands and bridges and is known as the best cycling road in Japan (or at least the most scenic.
My favorite part of the course was the Innoshima bridge, which is a dedicated bike lane path UNDER the main highway road. This is one of the most unique paths I have ever seen and it was amazing to experience riding there in person.
Aside from the actual bridges and bike ramps, most of the rest of the “cycling road” is actually just regular streets with a a blue line painted and small shoulder. This was a little surprising, but the stunning views along the way more than solidified this as one of the best cycling routes in Japan for us!
Watch the video about “Best Cycling Path In Japan – Shimanami Kaido” for complete details
- 0:00 – Opening
- 0:16 – Shimanami Kaido Introduction
- 1:21 – Bike path to ramp to Innoshima Bridge
- 4:31 – Innoshima Bridge bike lane
- 7:28 – Road bike descent down bike path
- 8:35 – Leaving the bike path, back on the main road & final thoughts
Thank you for watching this featured video, and if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please leave a comment in the section below.
Check out some of our other great featured videos
- E Bike Test Ride With Two Wheel Cruise
- How To Lock Your Bike – The Right Way!
- Japanese Bike Shop Tour – Kaze Fun Bikes
- She’s Hungry For Ice Cream – Cycling In Japan
- Tannus Airless Tires Review (Month 3 Update)
- Best Camera For Cycling Videos?
- Japanese Bike Shop Tour – Trek Bicycle Store
- 2021 Trek Emonda SLR First Ride Review
- Bike & Hike in Japan – Hot Summer Ride
- Longest Ride Of The Year In Japan’s Summer Heat
- Cycling In Japan, 100 Mile Summer Ride Challenge!
- 6AM Bike Commute In Japan To Sakae
- How To Fit A Bike In A Car Without A Roof Rack?
- Okayama City & Okayama Castle: Japan Cycling Tour
How to find and contact Two Wheel Cruise
My wife and I live in Japan where we commute on our multiple bikes while making amazing videos. Our videos consist of the area we live in, the bikes we ride, and product reviews.
To find and contact us, go to our website, called Twowheelcruise.com, or our YouTube channel. It’s here, where you’ll find out the latest about our bike commutes, the current bicycles we’re using to commute on, and of course the latest gear that we recommend.